radioBehavior problem

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Tue Sep 2 12:40:01 EDT 2003

Hi Graham,

> Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 13:13:52 +0200
> From: Graham <graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr>
> Subject: radioBehavior problem
>
> I have a group of radio buttons which are intended as indicator lights. The
> radioBehavior of the group is set to true, and this can be confirmed in the
> message box. However when I set the hilite of one of the buttons in the
> group to true by script (rather than clicking the button), it doesn't turn
> off the hilites of the other buttons, and I can end up with all of them
> hilited. This seems contrary to the TD.
>
> A typical line of script is:
>
> set the hilite of btn "ReachedLevel2" of cd 1 of stack "Level_Indicators"
> to true
>
> What am I doing wrong?
----------
Well, I'd say scripting the hilite as you are will actually turn each one
off and on separately, which is exactly the type of control you should have
with that method, i.e., the ability to manually override the radioBehavior
while still keeping the property.

Instead, try:

click at the loc of btn "ReachedLevel2" of cd 1 of stack "Level_Indicators"

Note: This means the stack will need to be open and the buttons available
onscreen, so if you have another stack you're working from, then this will
probably only work if the stack with the radio buttons is a palette window.

HTH,
Ken N.