How many people use Single-Handler Mode in Script Editor?

Dan Shafer dan at shafermedia.com
Tue Sep 2 11:33:01 EDT 2003

I would find single-handler mode a tad bit more usable if it showed the
entire script, including the on/function header and the end line. I
think newbies could easily be confused by the absence of those lines.
So I don't discuss this view in my book, though I do discuss (and use)
the two-pane view where the handlers are listed on the left and the
code on the right. That view would be more usable if the scrolling were
more intelligent (i.e., when I click on a handler, I'd like to see as
much of it in the view as possible rather than sometimes having it
highlight just the header and have that be the last line in the window.
I'd also love it if I could command-click or something on the handler's
name and have Rev select its entirety so I could copy and paste it.

But on the whole I find the ability to fiddle with different script
window views to be a useful idea that may just need a tad more
attention in future releases.

Dan Shafer, Revolutionary
Author of forthcoming 3-book set,
"Revolution: Programming at the Speed of Thought"
http://www.revolutionpros.com for More Info