The Directory Walker revisited

wouter wouter.abraham at pi.be
Mon Sep 1 19:45:00 EDT 2003

Sure, but then if you walk directories with the recursive one, do you
know in advance how high you have to set the recursionlimit?
Anyway why did they set a recursionlimit on recursive function calls
and not on repeat loops? The answer is somewhere in the reference on
the recursionlimit:

  < This property allows you to adjust the limit on the depth of
recursion for function calls, decreasing it for quicker failure during
development, or increasing it if you require more depth to execute a
recursive algorithm on a larger data set.  The value is the size in
bytes of the CPU call stack.  The actual function call depth limit will
depend on such factors as the CPU type, how functions are called, and
the number of parameters passed to each function. >

  I am sure you can figure out why.

Have a nice evening,
WA