Resources from externals

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Thu Oct 30 11:43:35 EST 2003

On Oct 30, 2003, at 7:10 AM, Gideon Greenspan wrote:
> I have done this, but it seems Revolution does not add my bundle's
> resources to the resource chain automatically. So instead I am trying
> do this manually, using this sort of code:
>
> UseResFile(CFBundleOpenBundleResourceMap(CFBundleGetMainBundle()));
>
> The trouble is that CFBundleGetMainBundle seems to give me the
> CFBundleRef for the Revolution application and not my plug-in bundle.
> Surely there must be an easy way to get the CFBundleRef for my plug-in?

You can lookup your contained bundle just as if it's another resource
in the main bundle. See "Locating a bundle using the bundle name"

<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/CoreFoundation/Conceptual/
CFBundles/index.html>

Also "Locating Resources Inside a Bundle" looks useful.

Once you get the CFBundleRef, it should be fine and present no
problems. However, it seems like it might be better to compile the
original C code into your new external.bundle instead of jumping
through all these hoops.

Good luck! I've never had to access bundle resources from within an
external. I've done it from in a Cocoa application- but that's easier
because I was just dealing with the main bundle.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>