Panther Install Question

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Wed Oct 29 10:19:30 EST 2003

On Oct 28, 2003, at 4:48 PM, Brian Maher wrote:

> Obviously, I did not set the permissions as well as I thought I did.
> Can anyone give me the correct way to do this?

Sounds like you did it correctly, but if you want to do it a different
way, try this from the Terminal (as an admin user)

chown -R brian:admin /Applications/Revolution\ 2.1.1/

The main problem (not just on panther) is that Revolution stores all
it's preferences and settings in the applications folder. It should
store them in the Preferences or Application Support folder for the
user running the app.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>