Set the visible of

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Tue Oct 28 00:55:08 EST 2003

On Oct 27, 2003, at 6:56 PM, Thomas J McGrath III wrote:

> I am trying to hide a set of text fields before the card is opened and
> then show them with a dissolve.
> The fields are named myLabel1, myLabel2 etc to myLabel8
> It don't work.....
>
> on preOpenCard
>  repeat with v = 1 to 8
>     put quote & "myLabel" &v& quote into h
>     set the visible of Field h to false
>   end repeat
> end preOpenCard

When operating on multiple objects like you are doing, it's usually
best to group the fields, then hide/show the group! Then you don't have
to loop through all of them.

BTW using "hide field x" and "show field x" is a good shortcut for "set
the visible of field x"

Maybe you should show the card with a dissolve? I haven't used the
transition effects much myself.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>