printing

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Mon Oct 27 18:12:27 EST 2003

On Oct 27, 2003, at 11:53 AM, Jan Schenkel wrote:

> <http://www.geocities.com/janschenkel/downloads/rbsample.zip>

Thanks Jan- this is a really good intro to Rev's report printing
capabilities! It's really good of you.

Can you comment at all on the label-mode (many cards per page) feature
of Rev?

My report consists of long tables. Many sections and subsections.
Varying number of columns. Columns have labels, and fields are
formatted on a per-cell basis (right aligned, bolded, etc.). Sections
are separated by h-rule line graphics. Some tables span multiple pages,
so clean page breaks are a must- and that's what's tripping me up with
my ad-hoc report printing functions.  Unfortunately for me, Rev's
report builder capabilities really seem oriented towards
stack-as-database/card-as-record type of programming model. It doesn't
seem to really be oriented towards making a tabular report with rows
and columns.

Hey is it possible to force a page break in the middle of a field?
Putting a ^L character into a field or something?

Thanks again,

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>