revUpdateGeometry

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Mon Oct 27 06:38:35 EST 2003

I am trying to set two different window sizes, one for the smaller
iMax and one for all larger screens.

I have used the Geometry manager to resize various controls for the
two window sizes. (I set min and max window sizes.)

It works well when I manually resize the window for each card.

But I would like to run through all the cards in a preopenstack
handler in a way which is invisible to the user. However when I use
the following

   repeat with i = 1 to the number of cards
     send "revUpdateGeometry" to card i
   end repeat

only the  current card gets the message. When I use

  Lock screen
  repeat with i = 1 to the number of cards
     go to card i
     revUpdateGeometry
   end repeat
unlock screen

each card gets the messages but the screen doesn't lock.

Question: How do I  update update the geometry of each card without
flashing through each card?

Thanks,

Jim