All platform ink blends

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sat Oct 25 20:37:33 EDT 2003

>>> I want to develop the same thing in Rev for use on a Windows platform, but I
>>> can't get an even blend that shows things under it (I'll deal with the
>>> magnification later), but only 8-bit (I think) color bands which is
>>> unacceptable.
>>>
>>> How do I do this?
>>
>> Did you try using a PNG image instead of an ink effect?
>
> OK. I tried it. I made  copy of the image in PhotoShop and saved as a PNG.
> In myRev stack it came out with some pale green and yellow strips in the
> outline and nothing but solid white in the middle...not at all the same way
> it displays in PS, which looks normal (like it's supposed to).
>
> Howcome it does that?

Probably because you saved it as 8 bit -- variable translucency requires a
24 bit PNG file, and you must save the PNG with the background layer hidden
(or any other underlying layer) so as to allow Photoshop to include the
necessary transparency mask.  When set correctly, the PS checkerboard
background will be visible in your master file but not in the resulting PNG.
See the PS docs or look on the Web for more info on creating PNGs.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design