. Re: cross-stack globals, also, file inclusion

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sat Oct 25 17:13:21 EDT 2003

>Transcript already allows a rich representation of values and is
>suitable for representing values to be configured as structures or
>whatever for system calls.

OK, Dar, show me and I will grovel in mortification...especially if
it involves Boxes.rev:

The first argument to the Mac Interapplication Communication Toolbox
function, PPCOpen, is a pointer to a PPCOpen parameter block which
includes (at specified byte offsets)...

	The address of a completion routine
	A pointer to a PPCPortRec structure
	A pointer to a LocationNameRec structure
	resFlag, a SignedByte
	networkVisible, a boolean [in Mac OS System format]

Other PPC functions need to see pointers to pointers, Str32s, and
values in binary & real formats, integer & longInt arrays.

Show me how to define a PPCOpen parameter block in Transcript, and I
will be even more impressed with your skills & wisdom than I am
already.

...and notice, I didn't even ask you to address the issue of passing
a pointer as an argument.   :{`)
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company