closeStackRequest not working

T. R. Ponn alptex2 at orwell.net
Sat Oct 25 09:08:57 EDT 2003

Hello all!

Mac OS 9.2.2, Rev 1.1.1...

Per the docs:

"Handle the closeStackRequest message if you want to prevent a stack
from being closed.

Comments:
If the closeStackRequest handler does not pass the message or send it to
a further object in the message path, the stack does not close. Passing
the message allows the stack to close"

So, this is the place to do the cleanup and put things in order BEFORE
closing or quitting.  Unfortunately, it doesn't work.

No matter where I put this (current card or stack), it does not prevent
the stack from closing:

on closeStackRequest

end closeStackRequest

When I do this:

on closeStackRequest
    beep
end closeStackRequest

It does indicate that it's being handled, but it just closes anyway.  If
I replace the "beep" with "wait 5 seconds"...it doesn't wait at all,
indicating to me that it's NOT being handled properly.

What am I doing wrong?  Thanks in advance for your help!

Best Regards,

Tim Ponn