revSpeak & Windows

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Fri Oct 24 15:00:34 EDT 2003

Hi,

I had a student report a problem he was having using speech in Rev.  He
said it wouldn't work in Windows 98, but that it ran at least initially in
2000 but then stopped working.

He's checked the speakers, etc.  Didn't do any upgrades to his system;
does not know the version of the SDK he's using...

BUT... he has only 128 MB RAM.  I told him I suspected this was the
problem and that he had initially scripted the speech and then embedded
sound files and images and animations.  He said the system would slow down
as if it were preparing to speak but never did.

Any agreements/disagreements on the RAM issue?

Thanks,

Judy