cross-stack globals, also, file inclusion

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Wed Oct 22 22:08:31 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, October 22, 2003, at 07:44  PM, Stephen Quinn Barncard
wrote:

> doesn't this make a 'constant global'? -- One has to trust one's own
> code somewhere, even if you had constants in Rev, they wouldn't be any
> different than a variable as far as Rev cares -- it's still places
> data in memory, and if memory gets screwed up, it's over anyway and we
> restart...

Yeah- sure. There are lots of ways to simulate a global constant. See
my getConst() accessor function earlier in this thread.

But there is a difference between a true constant and simulating a
constant because you are trusting that you and any other programmer
that touches the script will never, ever write that to variable in
their script.

The only reason I brought this up is because I frequently think - hey
we've got globals, constants, so why not global constants?

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>