Large sound files

Thomas J McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Wed Oct 22 13:57:11 EDT 2003

I have been looking at the Play command and Player items and can not
get any of it to work via scripting. RIght now this is what I'm left
with. the gmySound is True as a default.

What I want in the end is to check that gmySound is True, if so then
check a sound file for that card, then to play that sound file. This
seems pretty straight forward at first. I have tried the suggestions
from the list but they have not produced a positive result.

I can however use the menu item for a new QT control and have it play
physically but not yet by script. I don't want the controller or at
least not to see it on the card and I want a different sound for each
card.

on mouseUp
   global gmySound, gmyPlayer
     if gMySound then
     --set the fileName of player 1 to
"/Users/mcgrath3/Documents/SCS/UnityCD
Project/UnityCDRev/media/Unity1.mp3" -- this did not work
     newPlayer
     --start player gmyPlayer
   end if
end mouseUp

on newPlayer -- assign a file
   global gmyPlayer
     answer file "Please choose a file to play:"
	put it into gmyPlayer
	open file gmyPlayer
	play gmyPlayer
end newPlayer