Edit Group problem

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Oct 22 05:28:56 EDT 2003

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 20:38:44 -0500, "Ken Ray" <kray at sonsothunder.com> wrote:

>First of all, I would avoid editing the group and just address items in
>the group directly if you can. For example, if you do:
>
>   delete image "face.gif" of grp "TheGroup"
>
>you don't need to be in "editing" mode to do it; you can be just "on the
>card" with the browse tool when the command executes and it will work.
>
>However, to get new images *into* a group from the clipboard, there's
>not much more you can do that what you're already doing unless you know
>the dimensions of the image (width and height) ahead of time.

Ken, thanks for this info. I didn't realise you could edit the
individual objects of a group without putting the group into edit
mode - if this is in the docs, I ain't seen it.

As to your second point, what do you mean by the last sentence - what
if I **did**  know the dimensions of the image? I'm sorry but I don't
quite grasp your meaning here. The fact is I have a lot of little
images I want to do this to, and for other reasons I was thinking of
making them all the same size - so this technique might be relevant
to me.

TIA

Graham