cross-stack globals, also, file inclusion

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Oct 22 05:02:24 EDT 2003

>>  Joel and Rob- I think a "global constant" feature would be a really
>>  good enhancement request.
>
>  It is not clear to me what this would look like.  Would this go into
>  the "first" stack, as "startup" does?

Just like global vars can't be declared outside any handlers, global
constants could not either. So it would be up to us to decide which
handler sets them, just as we do it with globals now. Local vars and
constants can be declared outside handlers because their scope and
initiation point are unambigous.

Robert Brenstein