Cells and tables

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Oct 21 13:00:14 EDT 2003

Paul Malloy wrote:

> Am I correct in understanding that you cannot refer to
> a cell in a table field in RR, except as "item xx of line xx of field xx"?
> This seems to contradict the documentation, which uses the "cell" term and
> says a cell can be referred to by row,column...
>
> And is this line failing not because of "then" but because of "cell", so the
> error message is misleading?

The docs seem ambiguous on this:  I searched the docs for "cell" and found a
few entries, including one which provides a definition of the word.  But the
Transcript Dictionary has no entry for cell, and I'm unfamiliar with an
addition that would make it possible to use it as a chunk type.

It may be the case that the word is allowable as a param to some of the
scripted libraries Rev uses to support its grid "objects".  Unfortunately I
wasn't able to find such info.

What did you turn up?

--
 Richard Gaskin