Newbie question #2

Paul Malloy Paul_Malloy at brown.edu
Mon Oct 20 20:49:19 EDT 2003

Sorry if I am asking something I should be able to find in the docs, but I
HAVE looked.

Still trying to port an OMO app to Rev, and get another puzzling error
message. The script is a long one with a number of sections like the
following. I want to take a number from one cell of a table, do a
calculation on it, and put the result into another cell of the table (or
spreadsheet in OMO).

---Calculate standard scores for DRS Attention subscale
  if cell 1,1 of fld 1065 is not empty then
    put cell 1,1 of fld 1065 into RAW
    put (35.5-RAW)/1.6 into NORM---normal control norms
    put (NORM*10)+50 into T
    put (1-NORM) into Z
    global DRS1
    put RAW into DRS1
    if scorePref=1 then put T into cell 1,2 of fld 1065
    if scorePref=2 then put Z into cell 1,2 of fld 1065
  end if

         compiling at 8:45:21 PM
Type    if: missing 'then'
Object    Calculate
Line    if cell 1,1 of fld 1065 is not empty then
Hint    1

There is a "then" there obviously, so what is the problem? This worked in
SuperCard and OMO, by the way.

Thanks in advance,

Paul