revIsSpeaking

Thomas J McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Mon Oct 20 12:42:40 EDT 2003

I put this into a button. the myVisible and mySpeech is a variable for
hiding a field and turning on speech in a preference window. The
problem is that on multiple button hits the speech is interrupted and
starts over. I thought that the revIsSpeaking would not allow the
revspeak to proceed until the first hit was done.

Any ideas????

on mouseUp
   global gmySpeech, gmyVisible
   if gmySpeech
   then
   put "History, Select an item from the list." into lmySpeak
   if not revIsSpeaking then revSpeak lmySpeak
   end if
if gmyVisible then
   set the visible of field "Hist" to not the visible of field "Hist"
   end if
end mouseUp

Thomas J McGrath III
Advanced Media Group