must restart in OS X after install ?? - re: Monks

Ian Wood ian at azurevision.co.uk
Sat Oct 18 18:52:46 EDT 2003

On Saturday, October 18, 2003, at 04:00  pm, James Richards wrote:

> on 17 Oct 2003 12:49:24 -0700 Brian Thomas wrote:
>
>> ****** Do you think it is outrageous to ask OSX users to restart
>> their computers after an install:? ***
>
> Restarting after installation is quite a common request for
> professional
> software on earlier Mac OSs, I don't why it should be any surprise on
> OS X.
>
> Regards
>
> James

It is a surprise, because hardly any software on OS X forces a restart.
  System updates including QT) and some badly written Epson drivers are
about it, even Photoshop or Macromedia Studio don't force restarts.  If
you are used to having a system that hasn't been booted for a month
then a software installation that forces a restart just irritates.

Ian Wood
Panoramic photography, from web to billboard, sunrise to moonrise
http://www.azurevision.co.uk