problems with google and list archive

rand valentine jrvalent at wisc.edu
Sat Oct 18 12:57:03 EDT 2003

 Hi, all. I noticed a problem when I tried to google the list archive in my
normal fashion, e.g., entering into the google search field:

icons site:lists.runrev.com

 Well, google produces a nice list, but when you click on the link google
provide, it doesn't link to the appropriate message. Now the links look like
this:

lists.runrev.com/pipermail/metacard/ 2003-April/004592.html

 So we see that messages are stored by year-month/ and then a number, such
as 004562, above. But somehow the new system has massively screwed this up.
Is there a way around this, or is it being fixed? thanks.

rand