Lost PlayStopped Message

Toma Tasovac ttasovac at princeton.edu
Sat Oct 18 05:38:18 EDT 2003

Mark, there is a series of problems with QuickTime in standalone on Mac
OSX -- I also had a case last week where things worked ok in the
development environment, but would not work in the standalone.  The
guys from the RunRev team are aware of it and working on the engine
solution, but they suggested in the meantime  a workaround that forces
the player to refresh...  I don't know if this will solve your
particular problem (i wasn't having problems with onPlayStopped), but
it may give you an idea...

local isplaying

on playstarted
   put true into isplaying
   send refreshme to me in 300 milliseconds
end playstarted

on refreshme
   if isplaying is true then
     set the opaque of me to not the opaque of me
     send refreshme to me in 300 milliseconds
   end if
end refreshme

on playStopped
   put false into isplaying