conflicting globals

mitchell mark cowhead at mac.com
Sat Oct 18 05:28:42 EDT 2003

I have a standalone to which I add stack little by little.  My
scripting style uses a lot of globals, and I tend to use the same names
(e.g. myStart).
  Thus, I am running into occasional global conflicts when more than one
stack is opened at a time.  This will only get worse as I add more
stacks.

I don't want to change my scripting style (ie use more custom props,
handler local vars, etc) nor my naming conventions (saves typing and
easy to remember for me).  So I want a global global changer: something
that will change the names of all the global vars globally throughout a
given stack.  I want a script that will go through the stack on
completion and add a stack specific bit of my choosing (eg "-plzt1") to
each global variable in any and all scripts throughout the stack.   I
don't think this will be too hard to write, but if anyone already has
one, can I have it?  Of if anyone knows another easy way, please let me
know.

thanks
mark mitchell