target(), mouseControl(), etc. when mouse button is down

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Oct 16 20:26:25 EDT 2003

On Thursday, October 16, 2003, at 05:38  PM, Monte Goulding wrote:
>> What is the best way to find out which control the mouse is over when
>> the mouse button is depressed?  Functions such as target() within a
>> mouseMove handler and mouseControl() placed in the group script always
>> return the control the user clicked on rather than the control the
>> mouse is currently over.
>>
>> I have a scenario where I have a series of buttons grouped together.
>> If a user clicks on one of the buttons and moves over another button
>> with the mouse button still depressed then I want to shift focus to
>> that button.  I haven't fond an efficient way of shifting focus since
>> it is difficult to find out when the user moves over different
>> controls
>> with the mouse button down.
>>

> Use a mouseMove handler on the card and the target

In my tests the mouseMove handler will always return the target() or
mouseControl() of the control the user clicked on rather than the
control the mouse is currently over.  Is there something I am missing
that will allow me to get the id of the control the mouse is over while
the mouse button is being held down?

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia