problem with callbacks

Toma Tasovac ttasovac at princeton.edu
Mon Oct 6 08:55:01 EDT 2003

i'm sorry i will have to repost my question -- i think i got spoiled by
this list where things usually get resolved immediately. in this
particular case, i have a deadline tomorrow, which is why i am so
impatient to get this cleared out.

i have a text field in which the highlighting of the sentences is
synchronized with the callbacks being sent by the QuickTime audio file.
  The problem is that when the player is stopped and restarted or moved
to another point -- all the previous callbacks are sent again and the
engine quickly goes through all the highlights before continuing with
the sentence at which it left off.

How can this be avoided?  Callbacks are messages sent by the player at
certain points in the timeline -- why should restarting a player in the
middle of the movie trigger the callbacks which come before that point?

If this turns out to be a bug, if you have an idea on a possible
scripting workaround for the time being, I'll be eternally grateful to
you.

Many thanks in advance,
Toma