cRevgeneral["script"]

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Fri Oct 3 17:02:01 EDT 2003

On Friday, October 3, 2003, at 03:02  PM, Dar Scott wrote:
> My mind had gone down some bunny trail and started wandering into to
> thinking a script editor edits a source that is processed to become a
> script.  If I put fancy formatting and tabular data and math and color
> and multiple languages in my /* */ handler/function headers, then they
> might be lost in MLXEditor, I guess.  I don't know how this would
> really work; my mind wanders off in directions that my actions have
> yet to find.  (I won't mention pictures; that would be a distraction.)

MLXEditor gets and sets the script property of objects. It assumes the
script property is just a long string, and it writes the script to a
file and launches an external editor on the file. Then when the file
has been modified, MLXEditor reads it and sets the script property of
the object. MLXEditor doesn't have any concept of fancy formatting.
Whatever editor being used can of course do formatting or syntax
coloring if it's capable.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com