specialFolderPath("Temporary") on OS X

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Fri Oct 3 11:56:00 EDT 2003

specialFolderPath("Temporary") works on Mac OS X, most of the time. It
returns a path like /tmp/xxx/temporary items/ where xxx is the UID.
However, on my OS X box, it has recently started cleaning out /tmp on
reboot, and after that specialFolderPath("Temporary") returns empty.
After some time has passed, some other app, or the OS, decides to
recreate the /tmp/xxx/temporary directories and then
specialFolderPath("Temporary") works again.

It's very strange. Anyone know the cause of this? I'm just going to use
the unix-like "/tmp" and not use specialFolderPath("Temporary") for OS
X, but I would like to know how this is happening.

Anyone using the MLXEditor plugin, this is a possible gotcha.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com