I need Distribution Builder advice

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Oct 2 12:22:01 EDT 2003

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 17:41:19 -0700, Richard Gaskin
<ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

>I had writen:
>  >I want
>  > to use the power of RunRev to construct and then deploy apps across
>>  different platforms while being protected from the messy details.
>
>If you need to get messy, Apple explains how here:
><http://developer.apple.com/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/SystemOverview/B
>undles/chapter_5_section_1.html>
>
>Fortunately that document doesn't appear to have been written bythe same
>folks who wrote the Inside Mac chapter on Apple events, i.e., it's readable.

Thanks very much for the ref Richard, it does look comprehensible at
first glance - I guess I will have to wade in... but it does rather
let down the charm of RunRev. As I wrote recently elsewhere, I am old
enough to remember what programming was like in the dark ages before
GUIs and where a command line interface at least told you there was
an Operating System in the machine somewhere, but was nevertheless a
dog to use - productivity in applications development was orders of
magnitude less than it is today. I just want to avoid anything that
takes me back to geekland. I have absolutely no nostalgia for those
days of heroic difficulty. Life is just too short.

Graham