Off Topic! Auto-opening scocket

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Oct 1 19:48:00 EDT 2003

Ray G. Miller wrote:

> I have DSL with SBC and I always close the DSL when I go off-line. Since
> yesterday afternoon, something is opening a socket to my server. Every
> 15 minutes, a socket is opened to SBC.

If you have a licensed copy of the ultra-cool FTP tool Interarchy, part of
its coolness is one of its most powerful but seldom-needed features:  it
lets you log all Internet activity in and out of your Mac.

(For the record I don't have any business relationship with Interarchy, just
a deep appreciation for a solid tool sold at a good price.)

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation