Writing PDF files from RunRev

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 30 19:41:07 EST 2003

on Sun Nov 30
jvb wrote:

> I haven't visited the link, but have some
> experience writing PDF files from Metacard.

Wonderful! Have you exported to pdf the full content
of a field, a card or a whole stack?

> One thing I'd like to point out : it's VERY
> important to follow closely the structure of a
> PDF file, as described in the PDF
> format tutorial (don't have the URL at
> hand right now, but it's available on Adobe
website).

Yes, you are right. I downloaded the PDF reference
manual for specification 1.3

> That format has several requirements that can lead
> some versions of Acrobat Reader to detect errors
> and refuse to open the file, if they're not
followed.

For this reason, I'm interested to know if the
code of this site still works.

<http://www.mactech.com/articles/mactech/Vol.16/16.03/DynamicPDF/>

Maybe it does not works for me because the wrong
line endings or because it had to be written
as binary data.

> the more closely your file follows the PDF
> format requirements, the better.

I agree, but my experience writing
binary data is NULL... :((

al