Beginning Valentina Question

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Sat Nov 29 12:14:51 EST 2003

On Nov 29, 2003, at 1:12 AM, Dan Shafer wrote:

> I visited the valentina site and found a reference to the issue of
> what is returned when a Valentina DB is opened. According to the post
> I read there, the docs are wrong in indicating that an integer is
> returned from a valid database opening. Rather, an empty value
> returned indicates success. So I changed the appropriate line in the
> script to look for empty rather than not a number. Now the software DB
> demo loads correctly without an error dialog but any attempt to add a
> new software item generates a new error dialog indicating a connection
> error.

In Revolution an integer is returned upon successfully connecting to a
Valentina DB.  This integer is used in all revdb calls and is
represented as databaseID in the Revolution docs.  If you are still
having problems getting Valentina to work let me know and I can send
you a small example that successfully connects and gets some data out
of a DB.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia