Understanding Aqua Windows

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Nov 28 20:18:10 EST 2003

Jason Spencer wrote:

> "Bad form" is displaying an inconsistent or confusing interface to the
> user. The pinstripes help set apart editable areas from areas having do
> do with the operations of the application. This window I'm using now to
> write mail, for example, has pinstripes under the icons for "Send" and
> "Attach" and such. The section of the window I'm typing in of course
> does not. I don't think the original intent of the HIG would be to have
> all of these areas white, just because this happens to be a
> document-style window. That would be more visually confusing and ugly.

Of course,  But if you were working in a drawing app the pinstripes would be
inappropriate in the content region.  With something as flexible as Rev, why
should the presume to be able to determine what your content area is?

If you need a window without other modes such as pointer (like the email
window you mention) just set the style to modeless.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation