anyone seeing a bug with for each and split when combined?

Phil Jimmieson P.Jimmieson at csc.liv.ac.uk
Fri Nov 28 09:21:32 EST 2003

Hi folks,
Using Rev 2.1.2 and OSX 10.3 I'm seeing the following odd behaviour:
I have a text file which contains name=value1=value2 triples. I'm
reading the whole file in and placing the file into a variable
"temp", then using "repeat for each line" to get the lines, then
splitting them using "=". This no longer seems to work reliably. If I
let it run, some lines from the file don't get processed properly (or
at least, they fail to split). If I run it under the debugger, it
seems to work more reliably (depending on where I place the
breakpoint). It's almost as though every other line is being junked.
I changed the code to so as to put the number of lines of temp into
another variable, and use a "repeat with"instead,  putting each
specific line of temp into a variable myself, and then doing the
split. This works perfectly.
Anyone else seeing this? It seems to have started happening only recently.

--
Phil Jimmieson  phil at csc.liv.ac.uk  (UK) 0151 794 3689  (Mobile) 07976 983164
Computer Science Dept., Liverpool University, Chadwick Building, Peach Street