: New Here...

Chuck Pelto cbpelto at pcisys.net
Thu Nov 27 11:17:48 EST 2003

Greetings All,

Taking a break from bird prep activities to check the mail.

Lots of interesting advice and commentary.

Some replies to comments:

I have FMP Developer. Doing a hybrid would be no problem on that
account. The interesting part, which I have not thought too deeply on
would be networking the 'solution' from FMP's perspective. Last I
looked they didn't like stand-alones to be networkable. [Note: I've
abused them over this and other such failings on FMI's part.]

I might have to knuckle-down and do the database thing inside of Rev in
order to overcome that issue.

Follow-on questions, after perusing the tutorial:

[1] Can I declare an object to be a button? And run scripts when it is
clicked on?
[2] The Enterprise version is ODBC-aware? Then I should be able to find
a way to hook into it via AppleScripting for changing data. However,
command/control and inter-operability with other apps would still be
something of an issue.
[3] How does Rev deal with the passage of time and Idle() activities?
Can it be set to check for a change in status? Or does it require an
outside agent to activate a script? Example: Every 60 seconds do
myCheck(). Or does something have to nudge it, as an external
applescript would do by calling a ScriptMaker script inside of an FMP
datafile?

Back to the bird.

Thanks,

Chuck