Networking Mac/PC Windows XP

Thomas J McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Wed Nov 26 19:32:30 EST 2003

Sorry, I might have missed this but if you use OSX then do the internet
sharing from the Mac side. It is much easier to share an internet
account in the sharing preference pane on Mac then from the PC side.
You can share an ethernet or DSL or Cable or Wireless that way. If you
use OS9 then definitely try the ipnetrouter method.  I used it for
years on OS9.

I prefer not to use a crossover cable but instead use a hub. A hub
gives you the chance to see feedback lights when this goes bad
occasionally. A hub is a cheap thing to have and if you do decide to
add another computer it is already to go.

Since then I use Airport and wireless cards throughout the house. Much
better than running cables.

FWIW
Tom

On Nov 26, 2003, at 6:11 PM, Graham Samuel wrote:

> sign up for it.)

Macintosh PowerBook G-4 OSX 10.3.1, OS 9.2.2, 1.25 GHz, 512MB RAM, Rev
2.1.2

Advanced Media Group
Thomas J McGrath III 	 ð 2003 ð	3mcgrath at adelphia.net
220 Drake Road, Bethel Park, PA 15102