Networking Mac/PC Windows XP

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Tue Nov 25 21:43:00 EST 2003

On Nov 25, 2003, at 4:28 PM, Wouter wrote:
> If you want to share your internet connection with  an OS 9 Mac acting
> as router then have a look at IPNetRouter from Sustainable Softworks
> at  http://www.sustworks.com/
> (very little overhead and a mixed PC - Mac environment is no problem)

At one of my jobs they had a MacOS 9 box with that router software (I
guess) on it, and every morning arriving at the office, someone would
have to reboot the firewall before we could access the internet.

Later we replaced it with a FreeBSD router/dns/mail server. Got it
working, put it on a UPS, then put it the phone closet and forgot about
it.

But all the suggestions on this thread are good ones. Just to reiterate
one thing: if you have Windows 2000 or higher, or Mac OS X, then you
have "internet connection sharing" as an OS feature.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>