way to bypass "default browser"?

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Nov 25 19:02:52 EST 2003

>I've got an app that relies on Internet Explorer - - if the user has
>Safari set up as their default browser on Mac OS X, is there a way I can
>do a brute-force "launch http://www.registrationwebsite.com with
>Internet Explorer", no matter what the default browser is set to?

Yep, point them to a local html file that (a) automatically redirects
them to the desired site and (b) has IE as it's owner. Open the file
using revGoUrl("file://thePathToMyFile") command/syntax and you're
there.

Cheers,

Terry...
Dr Terry Judd

Lecturer in Educational Technology (Design)
Biomedical Multimedia Unit
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences
The University of Melbourne