Database - Update from Data Entry/Query form

Melvin Cox melcox at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 25 18:05:14 EST 2003

Jan:

Unfortunately, I receive the same results with the simplified UPDATE
example.

I am running against Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise 12.5 and Revolution
2.1 on a Windows 2000 platform. The Sybase server is local.

To insure that the problem is not caused by something in my code, I have
created an entirely new stack with three fields ("fname", "mname" and
"lname"), and three buttons (Query, Update and Clear).  The Query button
calls a hard coded select statement.  It correctly populates the three
fields, with "mname" being null in the selected row.  The Update button
calls your simplified update statement.

Once again, I observe the same "non" behavior reported in my previous email.

A check of the Record Set within the Database Query Builder shows the select
statement used by the Query button, not the update statement.

I have checked the ODBC manager and verified the connection.

I have run the new stack with the 'Cache result set' checkbox in the Query
Builder ticked and un-ticked.  When ticked, the mname field shows "NULL",
when unticked, it shows a bold vertical bar.

Through the "Sybase Central" utility, I have confirmed that the my user id
has full update permission on the table in question.

I would most sincerely appreciate any thoughts from the group on this.  My
evaluation/application development efforts have ground to a halt....

Many thanks,

Melvin Cox