mono sounds to left and right sound channel

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Tue Nov 25 10:10:04 EST 2003

On Nov 24, 2003, at 1:50 PM, Axel Buchner wrote:

> Does anyone know how to take two mono sounds and play them
> simultaneously to different sound channels, one to the left and one to
> the right channel?
>
> I need to do this with a large number of sounds using random pairings
> of sounds which is why combining the mono sounds to appropriate stereo
> sounds is not an option (it would take forever). For HyperCard and
> MacOS 9 I had an XFCN that did the job, but with Revolution and MacOS
> X I am lost.
>
> Thanks, Axel

Axel,

Are you trying to create stereo effect by doing this?

It won't work that way, it will still sound like a mono recording.

The only way to achieve a stereo image this way is to put one
of the tracks through a stereo chorus filter which puts the signals
out of phase with each other.

I think "Sound Studio" might have this filter.

Good luck!

Rick Harrison