No images when copying htmltext from Rev field to email client

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 25 01:39:09 EST 2003

--- RGould8 at aol.com wrote:
> My apologies if this email is coming through as not
> text-only - - - I'm
> trying a new email client, and won't know the
> outcome until I see how it looks on
> the listserve...
>
> My question:
>
> If I've got a web-page with images and text
> displayed within an html-enabled
> field in my Revolution app, and I have a button that
> says:
>
> set the clipboardData["HTML"] to the htmltext of
> field "htmldisplay"
>
> and then the user does a PASTE from the clipboard to
> their email app (in this
> case, the AOL email client), I'm finding that the
> text and text formatting
> pastes ok, but the pictures don't come through (does
> leave space for the
> pictures, however).
>
> Can anyone tell me if this is a result of the AOL
> email client not receiving
> the link to the pasted images properly, or is this a
> Revolution issue?  (or am
> I misunderstanding what should happen when I copy
> html-text from a field to
> the clipboard to an email client?)  I was under the
> impression that the image
> src= tags would come through and just work when
> pasted into another app that
> can understand such tags.

My guess is that the images are not referenced ? The
src attribute of the image tag in Revolution can be
used to refer to internal image controls, but outside
the Revolution world it needs some sort of path -- to
a server or to a local image.
You could always export the images to the temp
directory and adapt the src attribute to point to
those temp files ; that ought to clue the email client
in as to where to find the images.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====