No subject

Stephen Messimer steve at messimercomputing.com
Tue Nov 25 00:22:06 EST 2003

Hi all,

This is to let you know that  version 1.0 of PreceptorTools courseware
development system was released today. Free 30 day downloads are
available both on the Run Rev web site and on my website as well.
PreceptorTools may be purchased online at the Runtime Revolution online
store beginning today!

I would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone at Runtime
Revolution for their support and encouragement the last year and a
half. I would also like to thank my Beta testers for their hard work
and commitment.  Finally, I want to thank the members of this list who
helped me understand the subtleties and power of Revolution.

The current version is optimized for Mac OS Classic (9.2 preferred )
and Mac OSX (10.2.6 or > preferred) Revolution 2.0 or greater is
required if you wish to use PreceptorTools automated email features.
Finally Quicktime 5.0 or greater is required if you wish to use the
buttonPlayer objects or the movieQuiz objects that are part of the
PreceptorTools Object Toolkits.

I plan to offer a Windows distribution early this coming year.  If
anyone here would like to be a Windows Beta tester please contact me
off list.  Preceptor is a set of stacks and a plug in so it should work
OK within the windows environment.  Some users have found the Beta
stable others have had lots of problems.  So if you download it you are
on your own for the meantime. I will not be addressing any windows
related questions until the formal testing regime begins after the new
year.

If you have any questions comments or problems with PreceptorTools
please feel free to join the use-preceptorTools list.  Initially, this
will be the location where I will handle preceptorTools support.  To
sign up go here: http://www.runrev.com/preceptortools/moreinfo.html.
There is also a comprehensive web-based reference for PreceptorTools on
my website. While this is still in the development process it does
contain the definitive reference to the application.  If you can't find
the answer to a question regarding PreceptorTools don't hesitate to
contact me. I am currently the only person working on the development
of this project so I may not be able to get back to your personal email
right away.  I will do my best to answer within a day or so.

Best regards to you all and thanks again for your help.

Steve

Stephen R. Messimer, PA
208 1st Ave. South
Escanaba, MI 49829
www.messimercomputing.com
--
Build Computer-Based Training modules FAST with preceptorTools™ --
version 1.0 available Now!