serialControlString

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Mon Nov 24 20:22:17 EST 2003

On 25 Nov 2003, at 11:07 am, Jason Spencer wrote:

>> I have found that on OS X the write needs to end in a LF with the
>> serial drivers I use.  I think this is a Revolution bug.
>
> Hmmm, I'm not sure that it's a bug in Revolution. Using the Keyspan
> drivers and my device, I get strange behavior if I add an LF after the
> data I send. Things are fine if I send individual characters.
>
> I think it was Sarah who said that you needed to use an LF with the
> Keyspan drivers in another case, so it might be a device specific
> thing.

Not guilty in this case :-)
I think Jason is right - it is device specific. I have tested a couple
of different devices and one needs ASCII 13 while one needs CRLF. I
haven't actually found one that needs LF on it's own. Dar reported
problems using anything other than LF but that has not been my
experience, at least not since Rev 2.1 when OS X serial actually
started to work.

Cheers,
Sarah
sarahr at genesearch.com.au