mono sounds to left and right sound channel

Axel Buchner axel.buchner at uni-duesseldorf.de
Mon Nov 24 13:50:58 EST 2003

Does anyone know how to take two mono sounds and play them
simultaneously to different sound channels, one to the left and one to
the right channel?

I need to do this with a large number of sounds using random pairings
of sounds which is why combining the mono sounds to appropriate stereo
sounds is not an option (it would take forever). For HyperCard and
MacOS 9 I had an XFCN that did the job, but with Revolution and MacOS X
I am lost.

Thanks, Axel