How Rev saved Thanksgiving and made me a better person

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Nov 23 16:14:20 EST 2003

Those who know me also know that if I can't cook something in the
microwave in a few minutes, it is likely not to get made. But I make an
exception at Thanksgiving and go whole hog, which takes me a couple of
days, and today I made the bread.

I used to make all my own bread (as well as my own soap, though we
didn't eat that) but ever since I discovered scripting I lost all
interest in the kitchen arts. The last time I put homemade bread in the
oven, I went upstairs to my office, got immersed in some handler or
another, and ended up with a two burnt bricks and a fair amount of
smoke. It would appear that I can't (or won't) hear the oven timer when
I'm at my computer.

But I didn't want to write a timer stack for a one-shot deal. So I just
typed this into Rev's message box:

   send "answer bread" to me in 3000 seconds

And then I went web surfing and forgot all about it, as usual, in spite
of my best intentions.

Fifty minutes later a dialog pops up on my screen: "bread". Bingo. Rev
saves Thanksgiving and everyone thinks I'm a mavin. :)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com