Speeding up array initialization

jbv jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr
Sat Nov 22 14:57:52 EST 2003

> Remember that Rev's arrays are associative arrays.  While it lets you use
> multi-dimensional syntax, what's really happening is that the key to an
> element is the string "<value>,<value>".

Yes, I know, but what does it mean ?
Does it mean that the split command cannot be used to produce
multi-dimensional arrays ?

I've used another strategy : since I'll have to use several 2 dimensions arrays
of similar size but containing different data, I thought I could create a 1st
array, initialize it, and then duplicate it and change all data at once using the
"replace" command.
But this doesn't work either : although Rev doesn't return any arror, data
aren't replaced...

Thanks,
JB