Unicode revisited, this time with htmlText

Toma Tasovac ttasovac at Princeton.EDU
Sat Nov 22 04:39:05 EST 2003

That was exactly my point, Alex.  I don't quite understand what Tuviah
had in mind -- it may well be that at the level of the HTML browser
engine there is a lot of conversion going on -- but I was speaking from
the point of the developer who uses Unicode in HTML.  All it takes is
specifying the charset as say utf-8 and that's it... no charToNum, no
worries about non ASCII, nothing...

Tuviah, if you have a moment, please explain this to me, I'd really
like to understand what the problem is.  As I said in my previous mail
and in the enhancement request which got a "won't fix" from you -- the
way Revolution handles Unicode in HTML is a serious impediment for
those working with foreign languages...

All best,
Toma