Accelerator Keys for Button Menu Items Broken on Panther?

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sat Nov 22 00:14:43 EST 2003

I have a pulldown button "Find"

with two items

Find/F
Find Again/G

If one clicks on the button in Mac OSX  10.3.. the Cmd key symbol and
letter "F" and "G" appear as expected on the item list. Trouble is,
they don't work. They never did work for years in the IDE... and I
recall at one point they did start working if you suspended the IDE
from the Rev menus (I asked for that as a feature and it appeared to be
fixed at one point)  and they did work for sure in standalones.

but now, both the two latter scenarios are broken under Panther: the
menuitem accelerator keys do not trigger the menu selection if you have
Dev tools suspended and, worse, they now also don't work in a
standalone built for Mac OSX

The script for the button is (works great)  but I don't think the
script is an issue.

global gSearchString
on menuPick pWhich
   switch pWhich
   case "Find"
     ask "Find What?"
     if it is empty then break
     set cursor to watch
     put it into gSearchString
     set the lockmessages to true
     find  string gSearchString in fld "fText"
     if the result is not empty then answer "Sorry, no such text." with
"OK"
     break
   case "Find Again"
     set cursor to watch
     set the lockmessages to true
     find  string gSearchString in fld "fText"
     break
   end switch
end menuPick

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami