Import Full Formated Text

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 21 12:11:02 EST 2003

On Friday, November 21, 2003, at 06:12  AM, Thomas J McGrath III wrote:

> Mark,
> Do you have a sample stack of how you implemented this? I would love
> to learn more of REVs html abilities and what you can do with it.
>
> Tom

Well that would be giving away a trade secret. I've spent several years
developing a simplified version of the interface between markup and
presented text. My goal of creating MTML was to create a relational
text gathering system. I now have everything down to a simple to use
system. I plan to sell this in several forms including a free version
for distribution of published works using DRM. When I did this in
Director there was no HTML renderer that worked well for me so I grew
my own. Starting from scratch has made it possible to manipulate text
to such a degree that I have full control over each character within
the markup state. I did this through a needed invention I called PNLP,
Parallel Numerical Lineal Parser. This creative tool was developed and
perfected back in early 2000. To give away all my work now would be
counter productive to my goals. If you go to the Run Rev website and go
to the contributions by developers links you will see an example called
FrogBreath 1.0. This example has a version of PNLP as a function that
is used to populate an array. Perhaps this will give you a clew of what
might be involved in creating your own numerical based parsers. All I'm
doing is markup manipulation.

As far as learning about REV's html abilities, I learned how to do this
through the suggestions in the docs.