Unicode revisited, this time with htmlText

Toma Tasovac ttasovac at Princeton.EDU
Fri Nov 21 05:23:33 EST 2003

Thanks for the explanation, Tuviah.  I know now how to do it, but I
still think this is horrendously impractical.  As I said, if I'm
getting Unicode strings from mySQL and want to display them as htmlText
-- I would have to convert every single character to its charToNum:
that's not very efficient at all.

I know that I am definitely NOT objective since my programming in
Revolution has to do exclusively with foreign languages and non English
scripts at the moment, but I strongly believe that an application which
claims Unicode support needs to make it equally easy for programmers to
deal with all languages/scripts... that's the point of Unicode, after
all.

All best,
Toma