Unicode revisited, this time with htmlText

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Wed Nov 19 15:37:37 EST 2003

On Nov 19, 2003, at 11:44 AM, tuviah snyder wrote:

> Right and the htmltext will also be displayable in all browsers.

Everyone, I was recently puzzling over trying to display html in a
field. The file I'm trying to display is some English text, XHTML,
UTF-8 encoding. What steps would I take? I would have to charToNum and
make html char entities for every char in the document?

Since Rev's preferred unicode format is UTF-8, I was expecting I could
just put the file into the htmlText of the field, but alas I tried it
and it looks like Japanese Kanji or something.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>